Monday, March 2, 2015

First Attempt: DIY Highwaisted Pants

I did it!!!! Yay me I conquered the journey of pants. I completed and wore my first pair of pants, and yes I am so proud of them. Thanks to Jenese Johnson with Needlesandfashion.blogspot and her Awesome Tutorial on her Youtube channel she rocks...


 

Pattern used was Mccalls 6756 drafted into pants. The tutorial teaches to draft a wide leg pant, I was a little nervous and ended up not making the leg wide enough. The pattern itself was pretty good fit, however I did make a few adjustments in the inseam I removed 5/8" from the inseam of both front and back pattern and tapered in the side seam...I am still learning to fit and figuring which changes to make. I have a few kinks to work out but I am extremely excited to completed this pair. Ready to get started on my next pair...

No comments:

Post a Comment